Saturday, April 23, 2011

Of Muggles and Magic

Author: Aurette
Fan of: Harry Potter
Found: ff.net
Length: Long >150.000 Words in 43 Chapters
Time Set: Obviously written after DH, but time of play is 1812 ongoing...

What about:
A Jane Austen and Anne Bronte story, with Hermione our feminine hero who struggles against a class system that doesn't give women much choice, and Severus our dark hero, tjhere to save the day!

Warnings:
M for some very nice and descriptive love making, but no gory blood and torture.

What I love about the story:
The whole setup and idea to transport the whole story back into the past, that is England of the 1812. Even more the idea of how Hermione might survive in a muggle world where the most success a woman can have is being a nice house wife. On top of that we have some humor which made me grin from ear to ear.

What I don't like:
In the end we have our happy ending, but it becomes very predictable and boring - the same reason I never managed to finish one single Jane Austen novel...

Ranking:
I'd say 8 out my magic 11.

Happy reading! And please don't forget to review the fanfic!

No comments: